We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination, including photos of your teeth to allow us to better explain what we see, as well as a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent or baby teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- What is the approximate cost of the recommended treatment?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
The diagnostic records include X-rays and a scan using the Cadent iTero® Digital Impression System to create study models that are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
After the records are taken, we will schedule a consultation visit to discuss the specific treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements for your treatment. It is important to us that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. We welcome any additional questions at this time since we feel that informed patients are happy patients.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken by your general dentist within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your benefits.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any present symptoms that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal – helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile!