Traditional metal braces have been around for a while, and they’ve been very successful at getting good results for patients for years. However, there are advances being made in dental technology, including in the arena of teeth straightening.
What Makes Invisalign Aligners a Good Fit for Teens?
Many teenagers are concerned with their appearance. Puberty can be a rough time for anyone, and one of the last things teenagers need is another reason to feel self-conscious about how they look. It’s very common for teenagers to be prescribed traditional metal braces, but these braces often compound the self-consciousness many teenagers are already feeling.
Thanks to recent advancements in dental technology, many patients—especially teenagers—no longer have to rely on traditional metal braces to get the perfectly straight smile they’ve always wanted. That can be a huge step in the right direction and a greater incentive for teens to get their teeth straightened. The best advancement in this arena is Invisalign clear aligners.
Thanks to this incredible form of dental technology, there’s been a huge shift in how teeth are being straightened. Teenagers concerned about the appearance of traditional metal braces now no longer have to worry about how they look, and their teeth can be straightened and made healthier and stronger for it.
What Can You Expect From Your Invisalign Appointments?
Moving teeth around inside a patient’s mouth is a delicate process. It’s vitally important that teenagers and their parents alike see a trained orthodontist to consult with them about whether or not Invisalign clear braces is a good option for their mouth and smile.
When you’re wearing Invisalign aligners, more than just your teeth are being changed—your entire bite and mouth will be affected by treatment.
Getting Started with Invisalign Aligners
The first step in the process is a consultation. You’ll make an appointment to meet with your orthodontist, during which you, your teenager, and the orthodontist will discuss what treatment will be like. This is when your orthodontist will decide whether this type of treatment is the right course of action for your teenager.
Following this, a mold will be taken of the teeth and mouth and the very first set of Invisalign clear aligners will be created and ordered. Regular checkups and check-ins will be maintained with your orthodontist during the treatment.
New Invisalign aligners will be created and ordered every couple of weeks, depending on the individual treatment plan. This pattern will be maintained until the patient’s mouth is properly aligned and the teeth properly straightened.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners for Teens
There are a lot of benefits associated with Invisalign clear aligners. Many of these benefits make this cosmetic straightening option even more appealing for teenagers in particular.
- Fast-Acting | Invisalign clear aligners can straighten teeth and correct a teenager’s bite on the same time frame as traditional braces, if not faster. Remember, this timeframe is directly impacted by how many hours a day your teen wears their aligners!
- Reduce Health Risks | Traditional metal braces are effective, but they make keeping teeth clean and healthy difficult. In contrast, Invisalign aligners are easily removable which means easy, natural brushing and flossing for your teen.
- Minimal Appearance | Invisalign clear braces are nearly impossible to see. Patients are expected to wear them for a set number of hours each day, but they can trust that their aligners won’t be easily seen or noticed.
- Saves Time | Invisalign aligners can save teenagers months of difficulty and discomfort that come with traditional metal braces. When worn as often as possible, Invisalign aligners may work faster than traditional braces.
- Removable | Clear Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time, which often makes them more convenient than traditional braces. With removable aligners, your teen will be able to eat what they like and easily keep their teeth and aligners clean.
- Improved Cleanliness | It is easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy with Invisalign clear aligners. They can be removed during your morning and evening dental cleaning routine, so your teen won’t have to brush and floss around metal brackets.
- No Food Restrictions | With Invisalign clear braces, you aren’t limited in what you can eat. There are no diet restrictions because your teen can simply take the aligners out for meals and put them back on afterwards.
- Increased Comfort | Traditional metal braces are known to be rather uncomfortable and even painful at times. With Invisalign aligners, your teen will have smooth dental trays and won’t have to deal with poking metal pieces or brackets.
Discover the Best Way to Straighten Your Teen’s Teeth Today
Get in touch with our office today to discuss options for straightening your teen’s smile with Invisalign clear aligners!