Creating Smiles for Children, Teens, & Adults
Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak believe everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy orthodontic care and beautiful, straight smiles.
At DiMarzio Orthodontics, we’re proud to offer a full range of orthodontics for children, teens, and adults at our office in Quincy.
South Shore Braces & Invisalign
You can choose from the latest fixed and removable orthodontic appliances to choose from at
DiMarzio Orthodontics, including:
- Clear Braces
- Metal Braces
A few things can happen to a patient’s mouth when they are young that can make early orthodontic treatment very important. These can include, but aren’t limited to:
- MALOCCLUSION. This abnormal alignment of the upper and lower teeth can result from sucking thumbs for too long in life. Symptoms of this could include discomfort or difficulty while chewing.
- BITE COMPLICATIONS. Bite complications can damage teeth and gums and cause headaches, TMD, or even digestive problems. Bite complications can be hard to identify, so talk to your orthodontist for confirmation.
- NARROW JAW. Sometimes the upper jaw can be narrower than the lower jaw, leading to the appearance of crowding on the upper teeth. Treating this situation now means a healthier jaw as your child grows.
- PROTRUDING TEETH. Teeth can protrude if pressed forward with the tongue or naturally grow at an uncomfortable angle. If left untreated, protruding teeth can become a serious issue in an adult.
Orthodontics for Children
Whether by genetics, injury, or simply because it’s part of being human, many young children have issues with their teeth.
If your child is struggling with dental problems, it may be necessary and highly beneficial to receive orthodontic assistance starting at a young age.
In instances where it is useful and can correct potential problems, DiMarzio Orthodontics is pleased to offer early orthodontic treatment for younger patients.
Early orthodontic treatment can help children’s permanent teeth come in straight and help their jaws get more aligned before all their teeth erupt. The best time for this kind of treatment is between the ages of 8 and 10, when many kids still have a mix of baby and permanent teeth.
A thorough study of a patient’s jaw structure and X-rays of the incoming teeth and their positions will help determine if any early treatment is necessary.
This way, potential problems that otherwise wouldn’t have been noticed can be detected, which helps determine future treatment.
If there is a problem that lends itself to early treatment, an early orthodontic checkup will catch it and give your child the best chance for a healthy smile. Benefits of early treatment include:
- Addressing habits like thumb sucking. If this kind of habit exists for too long, it can alter the shape of a child’s mouth and the alignment of their teeth.
- Preventing unwanted tooth movement. Preventative measures will save you time and money in the long run by addressing problems before they start.
- Catching problems before they develop. We can spot subtle problems and treat them before they become more prominent issues.
Orthodontics for Teens
For teens in the Quincy area, the most common time for orthodontic treatment at DiMarzio Orthodontics is between the ages of 11-16.
Experienced orthodontists like Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak easily recognize spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment issues in this age range.
Your teen’s bone and jaw structure are in the best position for orthodontic treatment to begin.
At DiMarzio Orthodontics, your teen can choose between Invisalign clear aligners, metal braces, or clear ceramic braces. Each of these choices offers unique benefits while transforming your teen’s smile.
Orthodontics for Adults
You’re never too old to benefit from orthodontic treatment with DiMarzio Orthodontics, so we offer orthodontics for adults at our office in Quincy.
Believe it or not, your teeth don’t stop moving after the teen years. Teeth that seemed straight and aligned in youth could have shifted later in life, leading to jaw pain, trouble brushing, or a smile you’re unhappy with.
If you leave misaligned teeth untreated, you may have other dental problems such as tooth decay and gum disease.
You may also notice abnormal wear on the surface of your teeth or that it’s difficult to chew normally.
Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak can address these issues more through orthodontic treatment, giving you the healthy smile you’ve always wanted. We can correct orthodontic problems in our Quincy, Milton, and Braintree offices just as easily for adults as for children.
Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak use orthodontic forces to move teeth in the same way as adults and children, and you’ll notice the benefits of your treatment in no time.
Why Should You Think About
Straight Teeth Are Healthy
After your orthodontist aligns your teeth correctly, it’s easier for you to clean them with regular flossing and brushing. This helps prevent other oral issues, including some problems that can affect your overall health.
A Straight Smile Builds Confidence & Self-Esteem
Successful orthodontic treatment at DiMarzio Orthodontics can help boost your self-confidence, create a better quality of life, and allow you to smile freely for maybe the first time.
Untreated Oral Issues Will Get Worse
If you refuse or delay orthodontic treatment when Dr. DiMarzio or Dr. Marczak recommend it, you may run into long-term health issues that may wind up costing you more in the end.
At DiMarzio Orthodontics, our team understands that teens, kids, and adults all have different dental needs, so we give each age group personal care.
We’ll work diligently for you to make sure you receive the most appropriate treatment at our inviting office in Quincy.
Start With a Free Consultation
Start your journey towards a healthy new smile today and schedule your free consultation with our team of expert orthodontists, Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak.
Visit DiMarzio Orthodontics in Quincy, Milton, or Braintree and we’ll talk about your options and develop an orthodontic treatment plan designed just for your needs and smile goals.