Braces & Invisalign | Quincy, MA
You’ve Got Options!
Orthodontic treatment has come a long way, and DiMarzio Orthodontics is committed to giving you the most up-to-date treatments at our office in Quincy.
You and your family can find the latest braces options with Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak to make your treatment fast and affordable with outstanding results.
Traditional braces are a tried and true teeth straightening method that you can count on for visible results.
If you or a loved one is interested in straighter teeth and a more beautiful smile, traditional braces can quickly make that goal a reality.
Modern metal braces have advanced and no longer require bulky headgear. Instead, Dr. DiMarzio or Dr. Marczak adheres the brackets directly to your teeth and connects them with wires that gradually straighten your smile.
Today's traditional braces fit closely to your teeth for increased comfort, and they even work faster than ever to straighten your smile.
At DiMarzio Orthodontics, we use 3M Clarity brackets. These brackets are made of clear materials, making them less visible on the teeth than metal braces.
Clear braces are great for older teenagers and adult patients in Quincy who have cosmetic concerns.
Although visually less noticeable, they require more attention to oral hygiene because ceramic braces are slightly larger and more brittle than their metal counterparts.
For these reasons, ceramic braces are used more on upper front teeth than lower ones.
Benefits of Metal & Clear Braces
- Alleviation of Speech Impairments. If you suffer from speech impairments associated with jaw placement or how your teeth are aligned, we can treat this with braces.
- Prevention of Gum Disease. When your teeth are correctly aligned, they are easier to keep clean. Your smile is safer from disease and decay when you have straighter teeth.
- Better Chewing. The way your teeth are aligned affects how you chew. If you have misaligned teeth, you might be damaging them while eating without even realizing it. We can correct this with braces.
- Reduced Teeth Grinding. It's common to grind and clench your teeth when feeling anxious or asleep. We can help with these behaviors by using braces to realign the teeth.
- Reduced Risk of Injury from Protruding Teeth. Protruding or crooked teeth are more prone to damage. Using braces to correct and straighten these teeth will reduce your risk of injury and dental damage.
- Proper Bite Alignment. Your bite must be aligned so that you can bite, chew, and speak properly. Your jaw will be stronger and healthier when it is properly aligned.
- A Better Fit. Sometimes, Invisalign aligners or other clear braces might not be the right fit for your smile. Even if Invisalign treatment isn't right for you, you can still straighten your teeth with traditional braces.
Invisalign® for Adults & Teens
Nothing makes a smile more noticeably beautiful than straight teeth. Invisalign clear aligners are the preferred straightening method of our practice because they get the job done unobtrusively. Smiles that have been straightened and properly aligned are typically healthier and easier to care for.
Traditional metal braces may be uncomfortable, cannot be removed, and have particular food restrictions. Teeth are not as easy to clean and maintain with metal braces on.
For patients who have cosmetic concerns, braces are noticeable when talking or smiling. While traditional braces have been successfully straightening teeth for years, Invisalign clear aligners offer a better, less intrusive way to get the same results.
For a similar cost and timeframe, Invisalign aligners allow you to straighten your smile comfortably and discreetly.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Easy to Clean Your Teeth: Invisalign clear aligners make it easy to keep your teeth clean and healthy. You can remove your aligners to brush and floss and put them back in when you finish.
- Invisible Appearance: No one will notice your Invisalign aligners because they are made to blend in with your smile. The aligners are clear and difficult to see when you wear them.
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear braces slip on and off teeth easily and aren't held in place by anything other than your teeth. The clear aligners are smooth and won't irritate your tongue or cheeks.
- No Food Restrictions: You don't have to worry about avoiding certain foods when you choose Invisalign, as long as you remember to remove your aligners for every meal.
- Removable: For best results, you should wear your Invisalign aligners for a certain number of hours each week to keep the straightening process on track. However, you can remove them for special occasions or whenever necessary.
Are you or a loved one dealing with any discomfort in the jaw area? You can trust our team at DiMarzio Orthodontics to solve the problem and resolve any pain through our training in surgical orthodontics.
Surgical orthodontics includes any corrective treatments that reposition and straighten the jaw and teeth.
There are several treatments in this field of dentistry, so your plan will depend on several factors, including the placement of your jaw and teeth and the severity of the problems you’re experiencing.
You or your child might qualify for surgical orthodontic treatment as a result of any of the following symptoms:
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic mouth breathing
- Protruding jaw
- Receding lower jaw or chin
- Birth defects
- Difficulty chewing, biting, or swallowing food
- Serious injury to jaw or face
- Open bite
- Jaw joint or jaw pain (stemming from TMJ disorders)
- Asymmetrical facial appearance
Surgical orthodontics can treat a wide range of issues and works well with Invisalign clear aligners or traditional braces. The result will be an aligned bite and straight teeth.
It’s important to note that surgery might not be the best choice for everyone. Thanks to advances in dental technology, patients who would typically have undergone surgical treatment have other less invasive options.
Our team at DiMarzio Orthodontics is trained to treat patients of all kinds, including patients who could benefit from surgery to correct their smile and jaw properly.
Straighten Your Smile
Dr. DiMarzio and Dr. Marczak use their expert knowledge and cutting-edge technology to straighten teeth. At DiMarzio Orthodontics, we can successfully treat oral issues, including:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Impacted teeth
Metal Braces & Other Options
Metal braces are the most common orthodontic treatment in Quincy and surrounding areas, but you have other options.
After your free consultation exam, Dr. DiMarzio or Dr. Marczak will discuss which treatment would be right for you based on your unique needs and smile goals.
Fixed Appliances Vs. Removable Appliances
At DiMarzio Orthodontics, we will fully educate you regarding your treatment. It's helpful for patients around Quincy to understand the difference between fixed and removable appliances.
Our doctors attach fixed appliances, like braces, to your teeth and won't take them off until you complete your treatment at our Quincy office. Traditional metal braces cannot be removed and have particular food restrictions. It takes some adjustment to clean your teeth effectively with braces, but we'll make sure you're prepared.
Invisalign clear aligners offer a less intrusive way to get the same results. For a similar cost and timeframe, Invisalign aligners allow you to straighten your smile comfortably and discreetly. When we prescribe a removable appliance like Invisalign, you'll wear it most of the day, but you can take the trays out of your mouth.
Besides the obvious differences, DiMarzio Orthodontics uses Invisalign aligners to treat mild to moderate orthodontic problems and fixed appliances for comprehensive and serious treatment.